Don't create more than you need:
- Should I create a channel for this ticket? No
- Do I want to be in another channel? No
- Will another channel make me productive? No
- Will this additional channel bring me joy? No
Do we need a channel to discuss this really specific product issue?
Alternatives to channels
Use threads 🧵! If you have a specific topic that needs to be covered, try using a dedicated thread.
Create a DM with multiple people. If it ends up being super important, then convert it to a channel.
Leave channels you don't use:
Yes, leave channels often and don't feel bad about doing so. This link is actually very helpful.
- Mute channels you're too scared to leave
- Group channels into categories
- Use @mentions to quickly cleanup callouts